Mindfully Yours!

I just returned back from a trip to God’s own country- this was my second trip to the clean and green state in the South of India. My first visit was nearly a decade ago to the southern part of Kerala consisting of picturesque backwaters and vast expanses of the Arabian Sea.    This time around, we made a trip to the Northern part that borders dense green expanse of a reserve forest. It was a great experience- different from the first one on many levels, yet similar on a very fundamental level, that of finding a sense of oneness with nature.

Let me explain the thought that crossed my mind as I sat staring at the vast green expanse, from my comfy vantage seat on the deck. My life had changed vastly since the time I made the last trip. D -uh- that’s called growing up. But it is more than just that. 

I think it is my own learning and journey towards achieving self confidence and a greater sense of self worth that has been the prominent theme this past decade.

Throwback December 2013- my first trip to the land that I have come to love. I was a seven year old who had seen her peers graduate from the Montessori and go on to primary school while I was struggling to meet the baseline expectation to graduate. It was certainly not because of an inability to read or to do basic math, but writing was a sensory nightmare and I had no means to express that.

The sway of the leaves to the tune of the breeze gave me a moment of déjà vu. I was finally able to put a name to the feeling that I had nursed for many years- I used to feel that I was not good enough. The lack of expression had completely gnawed at my self-confidence and self-worth.

Technology was my savior- the catalyst for massive change. You could say that I am somewhat famous today- well at least slightly. But this recognition brings with it a certain pressure to write well to make a connect with my readers in every single piece I write.

As I stared at the frenetic moves of the leaves, with a few stalks joining in the jamboree, I was reminded that forces of nature do not exist to satisfy anybody. I write because it gives me joy.

A great thought, you may say, but I do not objectively view my emotions like a non-stick pan brewing a creamy stew. I am like an iron wok which gets a layer of deep-fried curry coated on it.

I like to think that being aware of this is my first step in the long 

journey of becoming mindful, for the last decade has proven that 

nothing is impossible.


 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love is in the Air!!

Look Beyond the Label

Fear is the key?