Fear is the key?

Recently, I received a gift from someone dear to me.

The gift is a book called ‘Empower Your Fear’. My first thought upon seeing the title was why should someone empower their fear ? I believe that the joy of overcoming your fear to achieve something that you did not believe was possible, is empowerment in true sense .So where and how does empowering your fear feature in the scheme of things ? Curious, I began to read .

I am a person who is the not-so-proud owner of a bunch of fears. Call it autism or what you will, but this laundry list has, over the years , on multiple occasions , hijacked the will to make the most of some really cool opportunities . 

A powerful driving force, fear as a primal instinct has aided the evolution of humanity , yet , like everything else, too much of fear is an impediment to personal growth .

There was a line of thought in the book that got my attention - ‘Let the fear in’. It got me thinking about my response to situations that I perceive with fear - I avoid  it , thereby letting the fear win without so much as putting up a fight !To let the fear in would be to embrace the experience, knowing fully well that you are scared of the uncertainty of the outcome. An act of courage, you might say! Yet, unless you ‘let the fear in’, you have no way of figuring out if you will emerge victorious !.

My point to ponder over, until we meet the next time, with a new blog.


Comments

  1. Yes, sometimes, when you let the fear in you dwell on the negative thoughts. Rather when the person reflects on his wins, it is more positive. Just another perspective. All of us carry some fears in us, embracing it you are being courageous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, true . Also when you embrace a situation that you fear and not avoid it , you may end up realising that it was not half as bad as you imagined it to be

      Delete
  2. Good to read about your ponderings on something different and feared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of late, I was thinking about my anxieties, over various issues, often trivial. Having anxieties is not a pleasant experience and sometimes give rise to more. Suddenly I started thinking about those closely, to let them in so that I can find out some solutions. Resonating with your write up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you . The book Empower your fear is a good read

      Delete
  4. Teachers and often parents don’t take this so importantly to talk about how fear can play a really key role in shaping the personality of the child. The only possible difference lies in the way fear is taught to be used. If used effectively often could become an empowering strategy to success through stepping outside that comfort zone that one only limits oneself time and again to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea very true . I wish our education System could focus on giving some useful skills for life. Incidentally Jiddu Krishnamurti spoke about how children don’t know fear and it is something we pick up as we grow, because of social conditioning

      Delete
  5. So we'll written and something so common to us all. Thank you for this insight ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Varsha madam . Lots for me to ponder . you know my laundry list of fears:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love is in the Air!!

Look Beyond the Label